Glutton, glutton, Glutton

Glutton, glutton, Glutton
Cantonese Raspberry Cheescake. Yummy!

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Congee Dynasty- Mississauga



There's a little Chinese restaurant located at 1100 Burnhamthorpe Rd West that has some of the best Chinese food available.  Here's a little review of what I got from Congee Dynasty on a lazy, rainy Sunday.


Got myself some Ham Yur Gai Lup Fan and some Shurn Lat Tong.  That's, salted fish and chicken fried rice with hot and sour soup.  Two of my favorite dishes.


It tastes great and it doesn't cost much at all.  I paid $27.29 for 2 orders of the fried rice and 1 order of the soup.  I don't know why I got 2 orders of the fried rice.  Doesn't matter, means I have something to eat for dinner as well.


The Ham Yur Gai Lup Fan (salted fish and chicken fried rice) is like your typical Hong Kong street shop, it's a little oily, it's full of flavor, and it's hot and if you get it to go, it comes wrapped in aluminum foil and a styrofoam box.  The only complaint I have is the hot and sour soup.  It's not entirely authentic, although it's the best that I've had in Toronto to this date.  There's some carrots in there and the mushrooms taste a little funny.  But all in all, a very decent soup to have on a cold day.  It's still spicy and sour so it's still worth a visit.

Their number is 905-949-1988.  You can either eat there and enjoy browsing through their menu or you can order food via take-out and go and pick up your food.  Bring another person cause on busy days like Sunday, you might have trouble finding a parking spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment